CRHNet Annual Symposium 2016
Thank you for attending CRHNet's 13th annual Symposium held November 23-25, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency hotel, Montreal
Tourisme Montréal provided these visitor coupons that can be printed.- Visitor coupons - Eng - Visitor Coupons - Fr
Symposium theme - Inspiring Resilience
At a time when governments are challenged to pursue a wide array of diversified short term and long term priorities, disasters appear as marginal occurrences. However, everyday, disaster risks impose on Canadians a heavier burden. From prevention and mitigation requirements to significant investments in recovery efforts, disasters remain part of our daily reality.
The goal of disaster resilience belongs to the society at large. The traditional approach of government programs and plans implementation seems to be reaching its achievement limits. It is now the time to revisit current approachs and consider empowering every component of civil society to contribute to disaster resilience. Beyond the call for a shared responsibility, everyone possesses assets for disaster resilience, and more importantly, everyone deserves a share of the benefits in making Canada a disaster resilient country.
The Symposium explored paths toward empowering Canadian civil society into disaster resilience. It is now time to look at intrinsic motivations and distributed benefits, rather than relying only on legislation, program and funding as the primary instruments to achieve disaster resilience.
- Current Achievements and Challenges in Canada
- When Nature, Technology and Society Collide into Disasters
- Inspiring Resilience
- New generation of professionals
- Understanding Risks and Vulnerabilities
- Resilience in Civil Society
- Collaborative Initiatives
- Risk and Emergency Communication
- Resiliency in Indigenous Communities
- Disaster Rescue and Response
- Hazards Research
- Risks, Diversity and Equity
- Disaster Recovery
- Hazards Research
- Knowledge Management
- Legislation, Policy and Implementation
- Research and Education
- Measuring Success
Session proposal submission deadline: -------------July 29, 2016
Presentation and poster submission deadline:---- August 28, 2016
Response to presenters: -------------------------------- September 23, 2016
Paper and Presentation submission deadline:---- November 11, 2016
- Michel C. Doré Ph.D. CEM CGU
- Brenda Murphy, Ph.D.
- Shona van Zijll de Jong, Ph.D.
- Bettina Falloon, MA (DEM) in progress
Contact CRHNet: email@example.com