We are now accepting Abstracts Submissions. for the 2020 Virtual Symposium and DRR Roundtable
We have finalized the dates for the event. There will be a series of 6 sessions that will happen weekly on Thursdays from October 15 to November 19, 2020 from 9:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST – 12:00 PM PST / 3:00 PM EST.
- October 15, 2020 – Series Introduction and DRR Roundtable
- October 22, 2020 – CRHNet Symposium
- October 29, 2020 – DRR Roundtable
- November 5, 2020 – CRHNet Symposium
- November 12, 2020 – DRR Roundtable
- November 19, 2020 – CRHNet Symposium and Series Wrap Up
There will be collaborative engagement opportunities relevant to noted themes between all sessions, with conversations continuing throughout and beyond the series duration.
Call for abstracts is now open, and we encourage you to get an outline submitted. We understand many in our industry are at capacity and want to be flexible with timelines. As these events happen over the course of six weeks there are flexibility with deadlines.
The Committee recognizes that the programming changes will result in a reduction in speaker spaces so a focus will be on selecting presentations that tackle the many challenging issues in disaster risk reduction among other topics. Engagement and collaboration among attendees will be supported through the applied use of technology.
There are a variety of different presentation styles that will be considered including;
- Keynote Address
- Live Stream: Person or persons speaking live to the audience (20-30 minutes)
- Panel Discussion:(20-30 minutes) Ideally sessions will multiple perspectives
- DEM Talks – TedTalk-esque presentations from up to two SME experts
- Project Updates Pre-Recorded or live: 5-10 minutes from previous events.
There will be some opportunities for pre-recorded content and will support those presentations as needed.