Together we will support and advance Canada’s domestic implementation of the Sendai Framework through the Emergency Management Strategy for Canada, by addressing two priority areas;
- enhance whole-of-society collaboration and governance to strengthen resilience;
- and improve understanding of disaster risk in all sectors of society.
We welcome presentations that reflect these goals.
With the change to a virtual format, the presentation format will be different than the in-person 30-40-minute presentations followed by questions. Engagement of the audience is crucial and so the Committee is dedicated to exploring ways to ensure that we are able to retain the audience’s full attention and interest.
Great content is essential to the success of any event. Here are suggestions on topics for presentations.
There are a variety of different presentation styles that will be considered including;
- Keynote Address
- Live Stream: Person or persons speaking live to the audience (20-30 minutes)
- Panel Discussion:(20-30 minutes) Ideally sessions will multiple perspectives
- DEM Talks – TedTalk-esque presentations from up to two SME experts
- Project Updates Pre-Recorded or live: 5-10 minutes from previous events.
There will be some opportunities for pre-recorded content and will support those presentations as needed.