We are excited to announce a new Emerging Professionals Committee.
Are you looking to get involved in shaping the future of Disaster and Emergency Management (D&EM), make connections and build experience? If so, you might be interested in the new CRHNet Emerging Professionals Committee! This is a Canada-wide committee that will be meeting monthly to plan and advocate for emerging professionals in D&EM. It will work closely with the CRHNet board to connect with students in this field of practice and study.
What can the committee do?
- Plan events for emerging professionals such as job fairs
- Create a mentorship or field placement program
- Plan/share information about training and certifications
- Create an emerging professionals social media presence through CRHNet channels
- Create working groups on topics like DRR, diversity and inclusion, or the professionalization of D&EM
The opportunities are only bonded by the limits of our imaginations, but to do this, we need you. If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please email EmergingProfessionals@CRHNet.ca
Committee Chair: Nathan Innes
Emerging Professionals Terms of Reference
Emerging Professionals FAQs