The CRHNet Awards Program is a national awards program established to recognize and honour exemplary individuals participating in and contributing to the study and practice of disaster risk management. The program is run by a standing committee of CRHNet members which reports to the CRHNet Board. CRHNet Awards are presented annually at the CRHNet Symposium and this year, virtually.
- Recognize and highlight outstanding practices and initiatives in disaster risk management,
- Profile noteworthy individuals and organizations for their work in the field of disaster risk management
- Offer inspiration, moral support, and encouragement to individuals working in disaster risk management, regardless of affiliation(s)
Committee Chair: Sophie Guilbault
Committee Members: Cheryl McNeil and Jodi Manz-Henezi
Communications and Marketing Committee
CRHNet is committed to supporting and developing academics and professionals in the fields of disaster risk reduction and emergency management.
The communications and marketing (C&M) committee is a standing committee of the Canadian Risk and Hazards Network (CRHNet) with the aim to enhance engagement and share information with members and the broader disaster and emergency management (DEM) community.
- Ongoing promotion of latest HazNet issue, with emails to members and promoting specific content/articles on social media
- Promote CRHNet and partner events through CRHNet social media channels
- Develop a plan intended to grow our online presence and proactive communication to members
- Deliver the web and social media plan
Committee Chair: Ramona McVicker
Emerging Professionals Committee
We are excited to announce a new Emerging Professionals Committee.
Are you looking to get involved in shaping the future of Disaster and Emergency Management (D&EM), make connections and build experience? If so, you might be interested in the new CRHNet Emerging Professionals Committee! This is a Canada-wide committee that will be meeting monthly to plan and advocate for emerging professionals in D&EM. It will work closely with the CRHNet board to connect with students in this field of practice and study.
What can the committee do?
- Plan events for emerging professionals such as job fairs
- Create a mentorship or field placement program
- Plan/share information about training and certifications
- Create an emerging professionals social media presence through CRHNet channels
- Create working groups on topics like DRR, diversity and inclusion, or the professionalization of D&EM
The opportunities are only bonded by the limits of our imaginations, but to do this, we need you. If you are interested in applying or have any questions, please email EmergingProfessionals@CRHNet.ca
Committee Chair: Nathan Innes
Emerging Professionals Terms of Reference
Partnerships and Professional Development (PPD) Committee
CRHNet is committed to supporting and developing professionals in the fields of disaster risk reduction and emergency management.
The PPD Committee is a standing committee of the Canadian Risk and Hazards Network (CRHNet) with the aim to support work and initiatives that advance both people and the profession in the field of Emergency Management.
- Revise member benefits based on new website, new programming, and online Symposium
- Conduct membership drive
- Secure symposium sponsorships
- Develop an event calendar and process to share partner initiatives
- Develop webinar program themes, calendar, speakers for 2022 following the Symposium
- Deliver four engagements
Committee Chair: David Hutton
Committee Members: Jodi Manz-Henezi, Nathan Innes, Mark W Baker and Grayson Cockett
Partnership and Professional Development Committee Terms of Reference
CRHNet is committed to supporting and developing academics and professionals in the fields of disaster risk reduction and emergency management. The annual Symposium acts as facilitation to that end.
The Symposium committee is a standing committee of the Canadian Risk and Hazards Network (CRHNet) with the aim to produce the annual event to promoted, educate and improve disaster risk reduction and resilience through education to those in the industry.
- Deliver Annual Symposium on time and on budget
Committee Chair: Ramona McVicker
Committee Members: David Hutton, Jim Montgomery, Pascal Parent and Nathan Innes